You can change the folder view settings in Windows 11 to what you want for each separate folder.
View settings for a folder include the template, column width, Group by, Sort by, and layout view.
If you like, you can apply the view settings of a folder to all folders at once without needing to manually apply one by one.
This tutorial will show you how to apply view settings of a folder to all folders for your account in Windows 11.
Specify a default template for all folders to be optimized for a General items, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos type.
Open File Explorer (Win+E).
Open a folder you want to apply its view settings to all folders.
Customize this folder's column width, Group by, Sort by, and layout view settings to how you want.
Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button on the command bar, and click/tap on Options. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on the View tab, and click/tap on the Apply to Folders button. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
- Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 11
- Increase Folder View Settings Cache Memory Size in Windows 11
- Change Folder Layout View in Windows 11 File Explorer
- Change Folder Sort by View in Windows 11 File Explorer
- Change Folder Group by View in Windows 11 File Explorer
- Change Template of Drive, Folder, or Library in Windows 11 File Explorer
- Change Size of Columns Width for Folder in Windows 11 File Explorer
- Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 11 File Explorer