Windows 11 includes a touch keyboard you can click/tap on to enter text. This can be handy if you have a PC with a touchscreen without a physical keyboard.
You can change the touch keyboard theme to one of the many included themes, or to a custom theme you create.
Starting with Windows 11 build 22504, to further personalize your Windows text input experience, Microsoft has expanded the 13 themes for the touch keyboard to now apply to other input experiences, including IMEs, the emoji panel, and voice typing. Also available for all themed experiences is the theme engine that allows you to create a fully customized theme including background images. This isn’t available to all Insiders just yet as Microsoft plans to monitor feedback and see how it lands before pushing it out to everyone.
This tutorial will show you how to change the touch keyboard theme for your account in Windows 11.
Touch keyboard theme settings are saved to the registry key below for the current user.
EXAMPLE: Touch keyboard
Open Settings (Win+I).
Click/tap on Personalization on the left side, and click/tap on Touch keyboard or Text input on the right side. (see screenshots below)
Select (dot) a Keyboard theme theme you want. (see screenshots below)
If wanted, click/tap on the Edit to customize the selected keyboard theme. (see screenshot below)
You can now select custom Aa Text, Keys, and Window settings to create a custom theme based off the selected keyboard theme. (see screenshots below)
Click/tap on Save when finished. You can now close Settings if you like.
- Open Touch Keyboard in Windows 11
- Show or Hide Touch Keyboard icon on Taskbar Corner in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Show Touch Keyboard when No Keyboard Attached in Windows 11
- Change Touch Keyboard Size in Windows 11
- Change Touch Keyboard Layout in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Key Background for Touch Keyboard in Windows 11
- Change Key Text Size on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11
- Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Touch Keyboard Typing Sound in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Show Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter of Each Sentence in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Shift Lock on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11