This tutorial will show you how to find and view your product key in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
A Windows product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows. It looks like this:
- PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Where to find your product key depends on how you got your copy of Windows.
Perform one of the following actions to get the free ShowKeyPlus app created by our member @Superfly :
- Download and install ShowKeyPlus app from Microsoft Store.
- Download and run ShowKeyPlus exe file in a ZIP from GitHub.
This is a standalone exe file that does not install anything on your computer.
Installed Key = This is the product key that Windows is currently activated with.
OEM Key = This is the key stored in the UEFI firmware chip on the motherboard. This key will not always be the same as the installed key. An OEM Key will only be available if this is for a computer purchased from an OEM (ex: HP, Dell, etc...).
- Activate Windows 11
- Change Product Key in Windows 11
- Check Activation Status of Windows 11
- Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume
- Link Microsoft Account to Windows 11 Digital License
- Generic Product Keys to Install or Upgrade Windows 11 Editions
- Buy Windows 11 Digital Product Key from Microsoft