ThrottleStop is a small application designed to monitor for and correct the three main types of CPU throttling that are being used on many laptop computers.
The left side of ThrottleStop contains a variety of options which can be used to bypass CPU throttling and on the right side is a Monitoring panel that shows you the current state of each thread on your CPU.
Some laptops are using clock modulation and multiplier reductions to lower the performance and power consumption of your computer. This is done deliberately to either allow your computer to run cooler or to allow your laptop to operate with a power adapter that is not sufficient to fully power your laptop and recharge its battery at the same time.
When using ThrottleStop, it is strongly recommended to monitor power consumption at the wall with a Kill-a-Watt meter or similar device and make sure that you don't exceed the power capabilities of your power adapter. Use of ThrottleStop to bypass these throttling schemes is at your own risk and can result in permanent damage to your power adapter or computer or both which may not be covered by your warranty.
ThrottleStop is a small application designed to monitor for and correct the three main types of CPU throttling that are being used on many lapto
9.4.6 Beta (April 11th, 2022)
- replaced the Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits box with the MMIO Lock box.
- updated FIVR and TPL window themes and added support for bigger logos up to 240x138 recommended.
- combined Turbo Limits and Turbo Groups into the FIVR window.
- added feature to increase CPU voltage at 800 MHz for improved stability when undervolting.
- improved SpeedStep and Speed Shift compatibility with Windows.
- reduced the chance of a BSOD loop if voltage is set too low.
- added automatic enabling of the PowerCut feature when resuming from sleep.
- retired Core 2 Duo automatic Dual IDA mode.
You can also use the above link to download the stable 9.4 build.
9.4 (August 17th, 2021)
- Fixed the FIVR - Disable and Lock MMIO feature for 11th Gen CPUs.
- Added separate reporting of the MSR and MMIO power limits.
- Added feature to disable all C states higher than C1.
- Added access to the Ring Down Bin setting.
- Enabled Limit Reasons for Skylake X.
- Updated driver for improved security.
- Fixed power plan list for languages other than English.
- Changed system monitoring timers being used.