ThrottleStop is a small application designed to monitor for and correct the three main types of CPU throttling that are being used on many laptop computers.
The left side of ThrottleStop contains a variety of options which can be used to bypass CPU throttling and on the right side is a Monitoring panel that shows you the current state of each thread on your CPU.
Some laptops are using clock modulation and multiplier reductions to lower the performance and power consumption of your computer. This is done deliberately to either allow your computer to run cooler or to allow your laptop to operate with a power adapter that is not sufficient to fully power your laptop and recharge its battery at the same time.
When using ThrottleStop, it is strongly recommended to monitor power consumption at the wall with a Kill-a-Watt meter or similar device and make sure that you don't exceed the power capabilities of your power adapter. Use of ThrottleStop to bypass these throttling schemes is at your own risk and can result in permanent damage to your power adapter or computer or both which may not be covered by your warranty.
ThrottleStop is a small application designed to monitor for and correct the three main types of CPU throttling that are being used on many lapto
9.6 (May 25th, 2023)
- added 13th Gen desktop and mobile Rocket Lake support including 13700HX.
- restored proper scaling on high dpi 4K monitors.
- increased maximum IccMax for 12th and 13th Gen processors.
- added Undervolt Protection reporting to the FIVR window.
- fixed FIVR - PL4 reporting for some CPUs.
- disabled the TS Bench - Random MHz feature when TPL - Speed Shift is not checked.
- improved the Windows Defender Boost feature so it begins immediately when ThrottleStop starts.
- added ExitTime=1 INI option to force ThrottleStop to exit 1 second after it starts.
- disabled safe start feature when Stop Data is being used.
- added an extra digit to the microcode version reporting.
- fixed SLFM check box showing on screen when the CPU does not support SLFM.
- fixed Limit Reasons reporting for Goldmont and Goldmont Plus processors.
- fixed AVX512 bug.
9.5 (June 27th, 2022)
- Alder Lake desktop and mobile support added.
You can also use the above link to download the current stable build.