This article describes ways to install Windows 11.
Note: To upgrade to Windows 11, devices should meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. Some Windows 10 features aren't available in Windows 11. System requirements to experience some Windows 11 features and apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. Find Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirements
Before you beginMake sure the device you want to install Windows 11 on meets the minimum system requirements. If your device is currently running Windows 10, we recommend you verify the minimum system requirements using the PC Health Check app. We do not recommend installing Windows 11 on a device that doesn't meet requirements. For more info, see Installing Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements.
Windows Update in Settings (recommended)If you’re upgrading from Windows 10, we recommend you wait until you're notified through Windows Update that the upgrade is ready for your device. To check if Windows 11 is ready for your device, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
For known issues that might affect your device, you can also check the Windows release health hub.
Other ways to install Windows 11 (not recommended unless instructed by support)Use the Installation Assistant to upgrade
We recommend you wait until your device has been offered the upgrade to Windows 11 before you use the Installation Assistant. When you're ready, you can find it on the Windows 11 software download page.
The Windows 11 Installation Assistant allows you to upgrade a Windows 10 PC directly to the latest Windows 11 build. Before you begin, check to see if the following conditions apply to you: You have a Windows 10 license. Your PC must have Windows 10, version 2004 or higher installed to run...www.elevenforum.com
Create Windows 11 installation media
On the Windows 11 software download page, select Create tool now and follow the instructions to install Windows 11.
You can use a Windows 11 installation USB flash drive to clean install, upgrade, reset, or repair Windows 11. The installation USB can also be used as a recovery drive to boot to WinRE (aka: advanced startup). This tutorial will show you how to create a bootable USB flash drive used to install...www.elevenforum.com
- Microsoft recommends against installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. If you choose to install Windows 11 on a device that does not meet these requirements, and you acknowledge and understand the risks, you can create the following registry key values and bypass the check for TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and the CPU family and model.
- Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup
- Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
- Type: REG_DWORD
- Value: 1
- Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.Installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet Windows 11 minimum system requirements is not recommended. If you choose to install Windows 11 on ineligible hardware, you should be comfortable assuming the risk of running into compatibility issues. If you like, you can bypass the check for...www.elevenforum.com
There are two installation paths available:
Create an image install
- Upgrade by launching Setup on the media while running Windows 10. You will have the option to:
a. Perform a Full Upgrade, which keeps personal files (including drivers), apps, and Windows Settings. This is the default experience and is the one that Installation Assistant uses.
b. Keep Data Only will keep personal files (including drivers) only, not apps and not Windows Settings.
c. Clean Install will install Windows 11 and keep nothing from the Windows 10 installation. For more info, see Give your PC a Fresh Start.
- Boot from media to launch Setup. This path is a clean install and will not retain previous files or settings. For more info, see Give your PC a Fresh Start.
Important: You should verify that your device meets minimum system requirements before you choose to boot from media, because it will allow you to install Windows 11 if you have at least TPM 1.2 (instead of the minimum system requirement of TPM 2.0), and it will not verify that your processor is on the approved CPU list based on family and model of processor.
Use DISM or 3rd party tools to directly apply an existing Windows 11 image to the disk.
Important: An image install of Windows 11 will not check for the following requirements: TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and CPU family and model.
Related articlesInstalling Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements
Source: Ways to install Windows 11
Microsoft has released the ISOs for Windows 11. You can use these ISOs to do a clean installation or in-place upgrade. This tutorial will show you how to download an official Windows 11 ISO file from Microsoft. The Flight Hub can also help you keep updated on which Windows 11 builds have an...
Windows 11 has all the power and security of Windows 10 with a redesigned and refreshed look. It also comes with new tools, sounds, and apps. Every detail has been considered. All of it comes together to bring you a refreshing experience on your PC. Most devices available for purchase now will...
Windows 11 has all the power and security of Windows 10 with a redesigned and refreshed look. It also comes with new tools, sounds, and apps. Every detail has been considered. All of it comes together to bring you a refreshing experience on your PC. A clean install of Windows 11 will wipe out...