This release brings some assorted top-hitting bug fixes into the stable channel from the main development branch.A preinstallation kit is available for system integrators and OEMs interested in prepackaging Windows Terminal with a Windows image. More information is available in the DISM documentation on preinstallation. Users who do not intend to preinstall Windows Terminal should continue using the msixbundle distribution.
This release was made available to insiders in the Dev and Beta channels on December 14, and will be generally available to everyone shortly afterwards. You can always install the update from this release page or using winget.
For the holiday season, enjoy the following:
- This version of Windows Terminal ships with Cascadia Code 2111.01.
- The hinting on the brace ligatures was incorrect in the Italic style, which looked downright hilarious. See microsoft/cascadia-code#595 for more details.
- The Default Terminal option will now work on machines that do not have the Visual C++ Redistributable (#11610)
- Splitting a non-focused tab will no longer blast Terminal into outer space (#11635)
- All of the alternative character set slots have been defaulted to ASCII (#11658) (thanks @j4james!)
- This is in line with other terminals, and should reduce the incidence of a stray escape character turning your screen into soup.
- We were seeing some crashes on window painting in the synthetic test lab, which we think we've addressed (#11674)
- The background image path should once again be displayed in the settings UI (#11580) (thanks @ianjoneill!)
- AltGr should once again work in the Settings UI (#11808) (#11814)
- GetConsoleCommandHistoryLengthA will now respond with the correct length (???) (#11897)
- There will once again be a window border when you use Win+↓ in fullscreen mode (#11653) (thanks @serd2011!)
- Launching additional applications in "default terminal" windows has been made more reliable (#11646)
- Our informational tips will no longer obscure the tabs when showTabsInTitleBar is false (#11609)
- Detected URLs will no longer be offset by complex unicode characters on the same line (#11915) (thanks @comzyh!)
- On Windows Server, Terminal will no longer render the display in "ransom note" style (#11764)
- AltGr+Space should once again work (#11832)
Source: Release Windows Terminal v1.11.3471.0 · microsoft/terminal
Download from Microsoft Store: Get Windows Terminal - Microsoft Store