The taskbar in Windows 11 shows the Start menu, Search, Task View, Widgets, Chat, File Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Microsoft Store buttons (icons) aligned to the center by default.
The taskbar will also show the icon of the app for any window you have open. If you like, you can pin an app to the taskbar to always show the app's icon on the taskbar whether the app is open or not. Pinning an app to the taskbar makes it easier to open the app on demand from the taskbar.
Items you pin to the taskbar are stored and referenced in both locations below for your account.
In the registry:
In a folder:
%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
This tutorial will show you how to reset and clear all pinned items on your taskbar in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
EXAMPLE: Pinned items on taskbar
Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below
(Content of BAT file for reference)
DEL /F /S /Q /A "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*" REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband /F taskkill /f /im explorer.exe start explorer.exe
Save the .bat file to the Desktop.
unblock the .bat file.
Double click/tap on the .bat file to run it.
You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close, and your screen flicker as the explorer process is restarted to apply.
You can now delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.
- Reset Taskbar Corner Notification Icons in Windows 11
- Pin to Taskbar an App, Drive, File, Folder, or Site in Windows 11
- Pin Android Apps from Your Phone to Taskbar on Windows 11 PC
- Backup and Restore Pinned Items on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Show Pinned Items on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" in Windows 11