This tutorial will show you how to reset Quick Settings to default for your account in Windows 11.
The lower right corner of Taskbar in Windows 11 has a button for Notification Center (Win+N) and Quick Settings (Win+A).
Quick Settings is the place for you to manage common PC settings quickly and easily like Volume, Brightness, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Focus Assist. Directly above your Quick Settings, you will see media playback controls when playing music or videos in Microsoft Edge or streaming music in apps like Spotify.
You can reset Quick Settings to default if it is missing the Edit button, not opening, or you just want to restore its default settings.
EXAMPLE: Quick Settings (Win+A) in Windows 11
Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below.
(Contents of BAT file for reference)
REG DELETE "HKCU\Control Panel\Quick Actions" /F
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
Save the BAT file to your desktop.
Unblock the BAT file.
Double click/tap on the BAT file to run it.
You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close, and your desktop quickly flash as the explorer process is restarted to apply.
- Enable or Disable Quick Settings in Windows 11
- Open Quick Settings in Windows 11
- Rearrange Quick Actions in Quick Settings in Windows 11
- Add or Remove Quick Settings in Windows 11
- Backup and Restore Quick Settings in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Editing Quick Settings in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Simplified Quick Settings in Windows 11