Windows 11 includes a touch keyboard you can click/tap on to enter text. This can be handy if you have a PC with a touchscreen without a physical keyboard.
The touch keyboard opens at the same position and same display as last closed by default.
This tutorial will show you how to reset the touch keyboard open position on screen to default on the main display for your account in Windows 11.
EXAMPLE: Touch keyboard default open position on screen
Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below.
(Content of BAT file for reference)
@echo off REG Delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7" /V OptimizedKeyboardRelativeXPositionOnScreen /F REG Delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7" /V OptimizedKeyboardRelativeYPositionOnScreen /F taskkill /f /im explorer.exe start explorer.exe
Save the .bat file to your desktop.
unblock the .bat file.
Double click/tap on the .bat file to run it.
You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as the explorer process is restarted to apply the registry changes.
You can now delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.
- Show or Hide Touch Keyboard icon on Taskbar Corner in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Show Touch Keyboard when No Keyboard Attached in Windows 11
- Change Touch Keyboard Theme in Windows 11
- Change Touch Keyboard Size in Windows 11
- Change Touch Keyboard Layout in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Key Background for Touch Keyboard in Windows 11
- Change Key Text Size on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Touch Keyboard Typing Sound in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Show Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter of Each Sentence in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Shift Lock on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11