- Add official support for systemd! For more information, see our blog post here: Systemd support is now available in WSL!
- Fix issue where X11 display might be running on the wrong channel
- Add retry around network endpoint creation to avoid temporary issues.
- Fix potential ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND errors when creating directories.
- Add a specialized error message if the distro VHDX can't be mounted
- Implement wsl.exe --update --web-download to allow updates directly from GitHub
- Update Microsoft.WSLg to version 1.0.44
- WSLg: Update WSLDVCPlugin to create shortcuts to packaged wslg.exe
- WSLg: Update WSLGd to use the msrdc execution alias
- WSLg: enable x server fonts installed at user distro
- Weston: rdp backend: fix applist is not working regression
- Weston: rdp shell: applist: verify file and directory explicitly
- Weston: rdp shell: locate icon for taskbar using window class name
- Weston: rdp shell: fix missing free
- Weston: rdp shell: preblend default icon image with default overlay image
- rdp shell: default window pos must be adjusted by window geometry
- xwayland: fix window maximizing
- xwayland: fix maximized window decoration
- Update Microsoft.WSL.Kernel to version 184.108.40.206
- Update to stable kernel version v5.15.62
- Re-enable the CONFIG_CEPH* flags
- Enable EROFS configs
- configs/wsl topic branch picked up (not currently in use)
- dxgkrnl driver branch refreshed with many fixes and upstream feedback revisions
- Hyper-V vPCI merge conflicts fixed for newer stable kernel releases
- Out-of-tree Hyper-V vPCI regression fix merged while waiting for upstream inclusion
- Addressed vulnerability assigned to CVE-2022-38014 in this release.
Add official support for systemd! For more information, see our blog post here: https://aka.ms/wslsystemd Fix issue where X11 display might be running on the wrong channel Add retry around network ...
The Windows Subsystem for Linux lets developers run a GNU/Linux environment -- including most command-line tools, utilities, and applications -- directly on Windows, unmodified, without the overhead of a traditional virtual machine or dualboot setup. WSL 2 is a new version of the Windows...