This is a quick servicing release to fix a couple of big issues in the initial 1.12 stable drop.
This release was made available to insiders in the Dev and Beta channels on February 10, and will be generally available to everyone shortly afterwards. You can always install the update from this release page or using winget.
Preinstallation Kit info
A preinstallation kit is available for system integrators and OEMs interested in prepackaging Windows Terminal with a Windows image. More information is available in the DISM documentation on preinstallation. Users who do not intend to preinstall Windows Terminal should continue using the msixbundle distribution.
- Terminal is once again localized (#12375)
- We encountered an issue in automatic language detection, which resulted in our package's languages
- "Default Terminal" profile matching now works better for profiles containing unquoted whitespace (#12348)
- We believe we have fixed an unusual crash on launch in constructing the taskbar Jump List (#12430)
- Symbols are now published to the public symbol server! Woot! (#12441)
- We've fixed a crash that used to surface while Magnifier or other assistive technologies were running (#12436)
- Ubuntu users with overridden commandlines will no longer see a confusing "~ could not be found" error (#12437)
This is a quick servicing release to fix a couple of big issues in the initial 1.12 stable drop. This release was made available to insiders in the Dev and Beta channels on February 10, and will be...
The Windows Terminal is a modern, fast, efficient, powerful, and productive terminal application for users of command-line tools and shells like Command Prompt, PowerShell, and WSL. Its main features include multiple tabs, panes, Unicode and UTF-8 character support, a GPU accelerated text...