This tutorial will show you how to change the kiosk app in Windows 11 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.
A single-app kiosk uses the Assigned Access feature to run a single app above the lock screen. When the kiosk account signs in, the app is launched automatically. The person using the kiosk cannot do anything on the device outside of the kiosk app.
If the kiosk app is closed, it will automatically restart.
When you are in kiosk mode, you can press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys to exit kiosk mode.
You can change the app used in kiosk mode anytime you like.
The following guidelines may help you choose an appropriate Windows app for your assigned access experience.
You must be signed in as an administrator to change the kiosk app.
Open Settings (Win+I).
Click/tap on Accounts on the left side, and click/tap on Other Users on the right side. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on Kiosk. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on the kiosk account name (ex: "Kiosk") to expand it open. (see screenshot below step 5)
Click/tap on Change kiosk app. (see screenshot below)
Select an app (ex: "Movies & TV") you want used in kiosk mode, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
If you selected the Microsoft Edge app, follow the steps below for how you want it used in kiosk mode. (see screenshots below)
- Select (dot) As a digital sign or interactive display or As a public browser.
- As a digital sign or interactive display = The entered URL will open and appear full screen in Microsoft Edge.
- As a public browser = The entered URL will be used as the home page, start page, and new tab page in Microsoft Edge with a limited set of features.
- Enter a URL (ex: "www.elevenforum.com") you want.
- Select how long you want to "Restart Microsoft Edge after someone has not used it for".
- Click/tap on Next.
Click/tap on Cancel to close the dialog. (see screenshot below)
You can now close Settings if you like.