Widgets are small cards that display dynamic content from your favorite apps and services on your Windows desktop. They appear on the widgets board, where you can discover, pin, unpin, arrange, resize, and customize widgets to reflect your interests. Your widgets board is optimized to show relevant widgets and personalized content based on your usage.
Widgets help you stay on top of what’s important to you by bringing together personalized content from your favorite apps and services so you can have the latest info at a glance throughout your day. Say goodbye to constantly switching between apps, devices and websites—now you can stay connected to the things you care about without losing focus on your most important tasks.
Your widgets board consists of your widgets and your news feed. Your pinned widgets are all located at the top of the widgets board. The news feed can be found below your widgets.
To use the widgets board, you need to be signed in to your Microsoft account, your work account, or your school account.
Starting with Windows 11 build 25262, in the most recent update for Widgets, we are removing the sign-in requirement for the widgets board and making it available for all users. Now, you can now get weather updates on the taskbar, pin widgets from your favorite apps or access personalized dynamic feed without an account.
Updated content will appear in your news feed when there is new content to show that meets your personalization settings. Your news feed learns about you over time, so you might not always see changes right away. Signing in to Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge with the same Microsoft account will help ensure your news feed personalization is available across Widgets, apps, and devices.
The language and the content that you see on your widgets board is determined by your Windows display language and Country or region settings.
Learn more about how to use the widgets board to keep track of the things you care about.
If the Weather widget isn't working in Windows 11, you might need to update it.
Starting with Windows 11 build 22518, Microsoft is trying out showing the Widgets entry point on the left side of your taskbar with live weather content. You can also open the Widgets board by simply hovering over the entry point.
This tutorial will show you different ways to open Widgets in Windows 11.
Widgets is not available in Windows 11 SE.
Press the Win + W keys.
Click/tap on or hover over the Widgets icon on the taskbar.
Swipe with one finger in from the left side edge of your touch screen.
- Open and Close Microsoft Edge Bar in Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Widgets Feature in Windows 11
- Sign in or Sign out of Widgets Board in Windows 11
- Add or Remove Widgets Button on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Add or Remove Widgets on Widgets Board in Windows 11
- Resize Widgets on Widgets Board in Windows 11
- Personalize News Feed on Widgets Board in Windows 11
- Customize Widgets in Windows 11
- Change Weather Widget Temperature to Fahrenheit or Celsius in Windows 11
- Move a Widget on Widgets Board in Windows 11
- Expand and Collapse Widgets Board View in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Show Widgets on Hover in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Notification Badges for Widgets on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Show Updates from Widgets on Taskbar in Windows 11