You can tap into the power of Phone Link app with Link to Windows integration on select Surface Duo and Samsung devices to instantly access your Android phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC.
With Phone Link apps, you can instantly access the Android apps installed on your mobile device right on your PC. Using a Wi-Fi connection, Apps allows you to browse, play, order, chat, and more – all while using your PC’s larger screen and keyboard. You can add your Android apps as favorites on your PC, pin them to your Start menu and taskbar, and open them in separate windows to use side-by-side with apps on your PC – helping you stay productive.
Android apps you pin to the taskbar will get installed to the PC and listed in Start menu > All apps, but will still require your linked Android phone to be turned on.
When you unpin an Android app from the taskbar, it will not automatically uninstall the app from your PC.
With the Phone Link app on your PC, you can open and use apps from your Android device.
This tutorial will show you how to pin Android phone apps to the taskbar on your Windows 11 PC using the Phone Link app.
Open the Phone Link app on your Windows 11 PC.
Click/tap on Apps in the left pane of the Your Phone app. (see screenshot below step 3)
Right click on the app (ex: "Phone") from your linked Android phone, and click/tap on Pin to taskbar. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)
When finished pinning apps, you can close the Your Phone app if you like.
Go to the taskbar on your Windows 11 PC.
Right click or press and hold on the icon of a pinned Android app (ex: "Phone") you want to unpin, click/tap on Unpin from taskbar. (see screenshot below)
Open the Start menu on your Windows 11 PC, and click/tap on the All apps button at the top. (see screenshot below)
Right click or press and hold on the Android app (ex: "Phone) in the All apps list you want to unpin. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on More.
Click/tap on Unpin from taskbar.
- Link Samsung Android Phone to Windows 11 PC
- Turn On or Off Show Android Phone apps in Phone Link app in Windows 11
- Pin to Taskbar an App, Drive, File, Folder, or Site in Windows 11
- Unpin Items from Taskbar in Windows 11
- Pin Android Apps from Your Phone to Start on Windows 11 PC
- Backup and Restore Pinned Items on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Reset and Clear Pinned Items on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Show Pinned Items on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" in Windows 11