Widgets are small windows that display dynamic info on your Windows desktop. They appear on the widgets board, where you can add, remove, arrange, resize, and customize them to reflect your interests and the way you work. Widgets help you stay on top of what’s important to you by bringing together personalized content from your favorite apps and services so you can have the latest info at a glance throughout your day. So say goodbye to constantly switching between apps and devices and websites—now you can stay connected to the things you care about without losing focus on your most important tasks.
Your widgets board consists of two sections: your widgets and your news feed. Your widgets are all located at the top of the widgets board. The news feed can be found below your widgets. The following sections describe how to use the widgets board.
The language and the content that you see on your widgets board is determined by your Windows display language and Country or region settings.
To use the widgets board, you need to be signed in to your Microsoft account, your work account, or your school account.
All widgets will be personalized by using the same account. It’s not currently possible to switch between different accounts when using the widgets board, but you can switch to a different account in Windows 11, which will then allow you to view widgets for that account.
This tutorial will show you how to sign in or sign out of the widgets board for your account in Windows 11.
Signing out of the widgets board will also sign you out of all widgets.
You will not be able to use the widgets board until you sign in again.
Open Widgets (Win+W).
Do step 3 (yes) or step 4 (no) below depending on if you are currently signed in to Windows 11 or previously signed in to widgets board with your Microsoft account, work account, or school account.
This is for when you are signed in to Windows 11 with a local account and haven't previously signed in to the widgets board with your Microsoft account, work account, or school account.
- Click/tap on the Microsoft apps only link if you only want to sign in to the widgets board with this Microsoft account, work account, or school account.
- Click/tap on the Next button if you want to switch your current Windows 11 local account to this Microsoft account, work account, or school account.
Open Widgets (Win+W).
Click/tap on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the widgets board. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on the Sign out link in the upper-right corner of Widget settings next to your profile picture. (see screenshot below)
- Enable or Disable Widgets Feature in Windows 11
- Open Widgets in Windows 11
- Add or Remove Widgets Button on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Add or Remove Widgets on Widgets Board in Windows 11
- Resize Widgets on Widgets Board in Windows 11
- Personalize News Feed on Widgets Board in Windows 11
- Customize Widgets in Windows 11
- Move a Widget on Widgets Board in Windows 11