Notifications are alerts from apps, system, and other senders.
Windows 11 shows notifications on the lock screen (Win+L), Notification Center (Win+N), and notification banners at the lower-right corner of the screen above the taskbar on the main display.
If you like, you can turn on or off showing notification banners from specific apps above the taskbar corner.
This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off show notification banners from apps for your account in Windows 11.
EXAMPLE: Notification banners above taskbar corner
Open Settings (Win+I).
Click/tap on System on the left side, and click/tap on Notifications on the right side. (see screenshot below)
Open Notifications settings
Under Notifications from apps and other senders, click/tap on the app (ex: "Messages (via Phone Link)") you want. (see screenshot below)
Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Show notification banners for what you want for this app. (see screenshot below)
When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
Navigate to the key location below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
Under the Settings key in the left pane, click/tap on the app (ex: "Microsoft.YourPhone_8wekyb3d8bbwe!YourPhoneMessages") you want. (see screenshot above)
Go to step 5 (on) or step 6 (off) for what you want for this app.
This is the default setting.
If you do not have a ShowBanner DWORD, then this app is already set to show notification banners. Go to step 7.
If you do not have a ShowBanner DWORD, then right click or press and hold on an empty area in the right pane, click/tap on New, click/tap on DWORD (32-bit) Value, type ShowBanner for the name, and press Enter.
When finished, you can close Registry Editor if you like.
- Turn On or Off Notifications in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Show Notifications in Notification Center in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Show Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Hide Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Do Not Disturb for Notifications in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 11
- Change How Long Notifications Stay Open in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Notification Sounds in Windows 11
- Turn On or Off Phone Link app Notification Banners in Windows 11