- Open an app window (App A.1) on Windows 11 (Edge as an example)
- Minimize the window, Win+D, Win+M, minimize button, doesn't matter.
- Click App A.1's taskbar icon to restore - window will restore where it should and have focus
- Open another instance of App A.1 , (we will call this App A.2)
- Minimize App A.2
- Click App A.1 / App A.2 's taskbar icon to restore - App A.1 remains visible but has lost focus. (issues around combined icons discussed later) App A.2 remains minimized.
- With one of the instances of App A.1 open and in focus on your screen open a different application, App B.1 (Notepad as an example), in a window, and have App B.1 placed somewhere over App A.1.
- Minimize App B.1
- Click App B.1's taskbar icon to restore - window will restore where it should and will have focus.
- Click the taskbar icon for App A.1 - Focus will not be moved to App A.1. Instead App B.1 remains visible but has lost focus. App A.2 still remains minimized.
- Combined taskbar icons seem to be the commonality where this issue arises.
- Combined taskbar icons do not show a preview to select the proper window.
- Single instance applications do not seem to be having this issue.
- Applications that create other windows exhibit this problem only with the other windows are open - closing the extra windows solves the issue for that application. Examples: Steam (chat, friends list, news), Outlook (opened emails)
- Not sure if related, but the Taskbar Peek option doesn't seem to be working at all for me for any application.
- Alt+Tab DOES show the app window and will allow you to select it, with the window restoring to where it should be, with focus.
- Reinstalling the OS does not fix the issue. (Have not tried making a new boot disk though, used image released two days after release)
- Rebooting has no bearing on the issue. If you have windows to restore on reboot, and have multiple instances open of an application the same thing occurs.
Any ideas on how I can fix this?
- Windows Build/Version
- Build 22000.318
- WIndows 11
- Computer type
- Ryzen 5900X
- Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
- 32GB Gskill Trident NEO @ 14-14-14-34 1.35V
- Graphics Card(s)
- Asus ROG Gaming 2080Ti
- Sound Card
- Soundblaster Titanium HD, M-Audio Aire 192-4
- Monitor(s) Displays
- Alienware 3418DW, Asus M279
- Screen Resolution
- 3440x1440, 2560x1440
- Hard Drives
SSD: Samsung 870 QVO 4 TB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NVME: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280
PCIE SSD: VisionTek 250 GB PCI-E Solid State Drive
USB: WD Easystore 10TB
- Corsair Axi1200 80+ Platinum
- Fractal Design Meshify 2
- Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black w/ Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
- Razer Blackwidow Elite/ Ergodex DX1
- Razer Basilisk Ultimate/ Razer Naga Trinity
- Internet Speed
- Other Info
Webcam: Razer Stargazer
Microphone: Razer Seiren Emote
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro
Headphones: AKG K7XX
Head Tracking: TrackIR 5
Wheel: Logitech G27
Joystick: Logitech G940
Controller: Xbox Elite w/ wireless (Gen1)