You can pair a pen via Bluetooth to connect the pen with your Windows 11 PC and use with the pen menu.
Learn how to connect a Bluetooth device in Windows and adjust Bluetooth pairing settings.
Learn how to troubleshoot Bluetooth problems in Windows. Resolve issues connecting a Bluetooth device or accessory.
This tutorial will show you how to pair a pen with your Windows 11 PC.
Open Settings (Win+I).
Click/tap on Bluetooth & devices on the left side. (see screenshot below step 4)
Turn on Bluetooth if not already.
Click/tap on Add device. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on Bluetooth. (see screenshot below)
Make sure your pen is in pairing mode.
Usually for pairing mode, you will need to press and hold the top button on the pen for a few seconds until a light is solid or blinks.
You may need to read the manual for your pen for its specific pairing mode instructions.
This document is for the HP Tilt Pen.
Learn to set up and use your Surface Pen to work, play, and create.
Click/tap on your pen when it has been discovered to connect it. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on Done when pairing the pen has been successfully completed and now connected. (see screenshot below)
You will now see your pen listed as a connected device in Settings > Bluetooth & devices. (see screenshot below)
You can now close settings if you like.
- Show or Hide Pen Menu icon on Taskbar in Windows 11
- Add and Remove Apps on Pen Menu in Windows 11
- Remove Bluetooth Device in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Use Pen as Mouse in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Display Additional Keys Pressed when using Pen in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Pen Cursor in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Pen Visual Effects in Windows 11
- Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 11