This tutorial will show you how to open the handwriting panel in Windows 11.
The touch keyboard in Windows 11 includes a handwriting panel layout you can use to enter text with a pen or your finger.
EXAMPLE: Handwriting panel
This option is only available if you have a tablet device with a touchscreen, no hardware keyboard attached, and have When I tap a text field with my pen, use the handwriting panel or touch keyboard to input text set to When a physical keyboard isn't attached.
Tap with pen where you want to enter text and the handwriting panel or touch keyboard (last closed) will open automatically.
Open the touch keyboard.
If you are not already using the handwriting panel layout for the touch keyboard, then change the touch keyboard layout to handwriting panel.
- Open Touch Keyboard in Windows 11
- Dock or Undock Handwriting Panel in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Open Handwriting Panel or Touch Keyboard with Pen in Windows 11
- Change Touch Keyboard Layout in Windows 11
- Change Handwriting Panel Font in Windows 11
- Change Handwriting Panel Font Size in Windows 11
- Enable or Disable Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 11