The Your Phone app on your Windows PC let's you get instant access to everything you love on your phone, right from your PC. Link your Android phone and PC to view and reply to text messages, make and receive calls, and more - all right on your PC.
The Your Phone experience starts on your PC with Windows 10 or Windows 11 and the Your Phone app. From your PC you can connect to select Android and Samsung devices with these two apps:
- Your Phone Companion (YPC) app for most Android devices
- Link to Windows (LTW) app preinstalled on Surface Duo and selected Samsung phones
The Your Phone app requires the following to work:
- A PC running Windows 11 or Windows 10 May 2019 Update or later.
- Signed in to Windows PC with a Microsoft account.
- An Android device running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or above.
- Your phone and PC both need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your Phone app requirements and set up
- Supported devices for Your Phone app experiences
- Sync Your Phone to Computer: Your Phone App | Microsoft
- Connect on a new level with Link to Windows
- Samsung Galaxy phones and Link to Windows
- Set up Link to Windows with your Galaxy phone and Windows 10 PC
- Your Phone app help & learning - Microsoft Support
- Troubleshooting for Link to Windows
- Troubleshooting the Your Phone app
EXAMPLE: Samsung Android phone connected to Windows PC
The steps below are for how to connect a Windows 11 PC to a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Android phone starting from the Windows 11 PC.
The Windows 11 PC is signed in with a Microsoft account. The Link to Windows app on the phone is not signed in with a Microsoft account.
The process of linking the PC to the phone will have the Link to Windows app on the phone signed in to the same Microsoft account from the PC when finished.
Open the Your Phone app on your Windows 11 PC.
Click/tap on Settings (gear icon) in the left pane of the Your Phone app, click/tap on My Devices in the middle "Settings" pane, and click/tap on Link new device in the right "My Devices" pane. (see screenshot below)
Click/tap on Get started. (see screenshot below)
Check I have the Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows app ready, and click/tap on Pair with QR code. (see screenshot below)
You will now see a QR code you will use in the steps below to pair your Windows 10 PC with your Samsung Android phone. (see screenshots below)
Leave these open. You will need them to scan the QR code by your phone in the steps below.
Perform the following steps to open the Link to Windows app on your Samsung Android phone:
- Turn on your Samsung Android phone.
- Swipe down from the top of the phone to open Quick Settings.
- Tap on Link to Windows in the Quick Settings menu.
If Link to Windows is turned on in the Quick Settings menu, then you may need to press and hold on Link to Windows instead of just tapping on it to open the app.
On the Samsung Android phone, tap on Link your phone and PC. (see screenshot below)
On the Samsung Android phone, tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)
Scan the QR code on your Windows 11 PC from step 5 with your Samsung Android phone. (see screenshots below)
If prompted to approve any permissions, approve them on your phone. (see screenshot below)
If successfully paired (linked), tap on Done on the phone, and click/tap on Let's go on the Windows 11 PC. (see screenshot below)
You will now see the PC (ex: "BrinkW11") connected to the phone's "Link to Windows" app, and the phone (ex: "Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G") linked to Windows 11 PC's "Your Phone" app.